Our court is held on Monday - Friday at 8:00 a.m. When a citation is issued, a contact date is noted on the citation. You and/or your attorney may appear in person in open court, by mail, or you may make an appearance in person at the court facility. (Juveniles have a separate set of rules for their appearance. Please read the specific section on juveniles).
Your first appearance is to determine your plea. If you plead guilty or no contendere, you must also waive non-jury and jury trial. You may then talk to the judge about extenuating circumstances that you want the judge to consider when setting your fine. The judge is not required to reduce your fine. You may fax your plea to 979-578-9522 or email.
Conduct/Dress Code for all Court Appearances
- No weapons
- No halter tops/other inappropriate attire
- No food, drink, gum
- Cases in which a warrant is outstanding.
- No cell phones
- It is your responsibility to ensure that payments are made in sufficient time to meet required deadlines.
- No audio/video recordings
- There is no guarantee that is online payment application will show all of your unpaid tickets. If your ticket does not display, call 979.543.1212.
- No hats/caps/etc.
- Proper footwear required
ALL PERSONS & PACKAGES SUBJECT TO SEARCH
Penal Code 42.05:
A person who intentionally prevents, interferes with or disrupts a lawful meeting by physical action or verbal utterance commits a Class B misdemeanor punishable by fine and jail.