Job Code: 01-45-05
Job Department: Aquatic Center
Job Division: Public Works
Reports to: Aquatic Center Manager
Job Location: El Campo
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Type: Full-time
Safety Sensitive: Yes
Salary: $28,912 - $37,440
A full range of municipal services is provided by the City including public safety (police, fire protection and emergency medical services); water and wastewater services; public improvements; repair and maintenance of infrastructure; recreational and community activities; planning and zoning; and general administrative services.
The City has a home-rule Council-Manager form of government. The elected body is made up of a mayor and six City Council members. The Mayor and City Council members are all elected for staggered two-year terms. The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and is responsible for implementation of City Council policy and all day-to-day operations of the City.
The Assistant Aquatic Center Manager will support the Aquatic Center Manager with planning, directing and coordinating activities at the El Campo Aquatic Center. This position will assist with hiring and supervising lifeguards/water safety instructors and purchase supplies for pool and concessions. This position will also process time sheets and scheduling. The Assistant Manager will be in charge of the pool when the Manager is away.
- High School Diploma (GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Must possess current certifications for water safety instructor, lifeguard training, first aid and CPR
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
1+ year related experience preferred
Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis. In order to accomplish this, regular attendance MUST be maintained. This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent. Incumbent is expected to perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Supervises all aspects of the pool in absence of the manager.
- Facilitates the Red Cross certification courses for potential employees.
- Plans, coordinates, directs and evaluates the work of the City pool employees.
- Enforces and administers the provisions of the laws and ordinances of the City.
- Collects and prepares daily receipts for deposit.
- Deals effectively and courteously with the public.
- Manages and monitors budgeted revenues and expenditures.
- Required to utilize a computer, other standard office equipment, telephone, copier, calculator and pool vacuum.
- Prepare all work schedules for employees making sure a manager or Lead Lifeguard is on duty at all times while the pool is open.
- Chemical analysis and application.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Principles and practices of public swimming pool operations.
- Principles of organization and management.
- Public Health regulations.
- Red Cross regulations
- Safe work practices.
- Perform water safety and lifesaving techniques.
- Supervise personnel in the facilitation of all programs.
- Maintain control and handle emergency situations.
- Work in all weather conditions.
- Deal effectively and courteously with the public.
(Note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.)
View full job description
Contact : Stephen Nadolski (Aquatic Center Manager)
2613 Blossom Meyer Dr, El Campo, TX 77437
Deadline for Applying : Jan 30, 2019 09:37 AM