Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
- Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
- $125 for ECAC Applicant
- $175 for NON-ECAC Applicant
Classes will be announced soon.
Lifeguard Evaluation Sheet
- The lifeguard shows enthusiasm and willingness to come to work everyday
- The lifeguard is on time for everyday they are scheduled to be here
- The lifeguard does clean the facility without being asked to do so
- The lifeguard enforces the rules at the facility at all times
- The lifeguard is respectful and appreciative
- The lifeguard is responsible for their own actions
- The lifeguard performs all opening duties
- The lifeguard performs all closing duties
- The lifeguard shows appropriate behavior at all times
- The lifeguard has followed the rules of conduct
- The lifeguard rotates in the correct fashion or manner
- The lifeguard never has cell phone visible to any patrons
- The lifeguard has attended at least 90% of the inservices
- The lifeguard follows all rules of the pool while not on duty
- The lifeguard has not called in more than 3 times
- The lifeguard always finds their own replacement
- The lifeguard has not gotten wrote up more than 3 times
- The lifeguard shows the lifeguard skills to the fullest ability
- The lifeguard does their duties without me asking
- The lifeguard has done an excellent job here