The City of El Campo has a council-manager form of government. The City Manager is appointed by the City Council, the body responsible for setting policy. The daily business of City operations is the responsibility of the City Manager, the Chief Executive Officer. The City Manager prepares recommendations and implements the policy direction approved by the Mayor and City Council. The City Manager is responsible for the administration of City services by exercising effective leadership and management of the City.
Courtney Sladek has been the City Manager of El Campo since May 2019 after serving as Deputy City Manager and Director of Finance.
Sladek has nearly two decades of experience in local government. Prior to coming to El Campo, she served as the Budget Manager for the City of Friendswood, Budget Manager for the City of College Station and as a Budget Analyst for the State of Texas.
Sladek is very active in various professional organizations:
- 2019 Cohort of Emerging Leaders Development Program for International City and County Manager Association (ICMA)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Treasury and Investment Management Committee
- ICMA First Time Administrator's Handbook Task Force
- Texas City Manager's Association's Professional Development Committee
- Engaging Local Governments Leader's Small Places, Big Ideas Cohort
- Distinguished budget reviewer (17 years) for GFOA
- Former President of El Campo Rotary Club, recognized as Large Club President of the Year for District 5890 for 2018-2019
Contact information for Courtney is listed below:
Courtney Sladek, CGFO, ICMA-CM
315 E. Jackson
El Campo, TX 77437
8:00 - 5:00 Monday - Friday