Utility Billing Information
Billing & Payment InformationUtility bills are due by the 15th of the month.
All accounts are subject to a 10% late penalty if payment is not received by the due date. Customers are given credit for all payments placed in the night drop prior to 5:00 PM the day the bills are due. At that point, the second notices are run and customers have 10 days to pay before their account is subject to disconnection. Late fees are not waived. A $25.00 reinstatement fee is added to all delinquent accounts and must be paid in order to reinstate service. After 5:00 p.m. the reinstatement fee is $75.00.
Payments are accepted in several ways:
- In-person at City Hall and at the drive through window, Monday through Thursday, from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- By mail (Payments can be mailed to City of El Campo Utilities, 315 E. Jackson St, El Campo, Texas 77437)
- Bank draft: Bank account information can be provided to the Utilities Clerks and the payment will be deducted from your account on the due date. You will still receive the bill in the mail with the due date that it will be drafted on.
Click HERE to view all current Utilities Rates; 'Utilities' include water, sewer, solid waste, and additional service fees. All charges will be based on the current billing period.
Click HERE to view Sanitation/Solid Waste Collection Information.
Customers have the ability to set up an online account through WaterSmart to monitor their accounts between bills. Users can also set up notifications for usage through the website. WaterSmart also has the ability to notify you if a water leak is detected. To set up an account, please go to: https://elcampotx.watersmart.com.
These procedures are adhered to as set forth in the City Ordinance.
Click here for the Senior Discount or Disability Discount Application Form.
- Seniors - Age 65 and up, single family only
- Disabled - Disabled Veterans or citizens, single family only
**See application for qualification guidelines**