Job Code: 01-45-03
Job Department: El Campo Aquatic Center
Job Division: Public Works
Reports to: Aquatic Center Manager
Job Location: El Campo
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Employment Type: Part-time
Safety Sensitive: No
Pay Rate: $7.75 per hour
A full range of municipal services is provided by the City including public safety (police, fire protection and emergency medical services); water and wastewater services; public improvements; repair and maintenance of infrastructure; recreational and community activities; planning and zoning; and general administrative services. The City has a home-rule Council-Manager form of government. The elected body is made up of a mayor and six City Council members. The Mayor and City Council members are all elected for staggered two-year terms. The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and is responsible for implementation of City Council policy and all day-to-day operations of the City.
The City of El Campo Aquatic Center Recreational Attendants are responsible for all Point of Sales transactions at the pool; sell and account for general admissions and cash flow; write receipts; check appropriate swim attire and assist with the enforcement of pool rules. Assure the cleanliness of the pool area before, during and after pool hours.
- Ability to operate a telephone; copy machine; calculator; cash register; and computers. Some experience with handling money.
- Work experience in dealing with the general public is preferred.
Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis. In order to accomplish this, regular attendance MUST be maintained. This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent. Incumbent is expected to perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Attend cashier counter at all times unless relieved by the head lifeguard or manager.
- Clean inside and outside of pool area, bathrooms, showers, dressing rooms and basket area before, during and after pool hours.
- Make sure all supplies are stocked in the bathrooms and office areas.
- As necessary, assist with program activities and do other related work as assigned by the manager.
- Receives incoming cash from customers, counts money, and prepares receipts as required.
- Receives report of daily receipts, balances with cash received, and prepares bank deposit slips for submittal to City Hall Accounts Receivable Clerk.
- Receives payment for: facility rentals, aquatic classes, membership fees, entry fees, concession sales, etc.
- Provides information to general public on proper procedures to rent the facility and to sign up for classes.
- Greets visitors to the Aquatic Center and directs them to proper locations.
- Answers phones, to assist customers and answer questions and concerns from patrons.
- Assists customers with registering for aquatic classes and special events.
- Keep track of daily attendance and daily swimmer log.
- Fit customers with lifejackets
- Dispatch customers down the slide
- Bag check
- Additional duties as assigned.
(Note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.)
View full job description
Job application (Must DOWNLOAD to enable fillable fields)
Submit applications to:
2613 Blossom Meyer
El Campo, TX 77437
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled